365 Days Progress


Day 334 - 91.5% completed!

Day 27 - Tubular Netting

Tuesday, February 7, 2011

The next class offered at Beadsoup is the Tubular Netting bracelet, since I can't really afford to take the class I decided to find out how to do it on the Internet.  Well, something interesting that I found out, is that the Russian Spiral is really just tubular netting or a variation of it.  Seems there are many different ways to do it, but the three or five bead netting is the basic stitch.

Tubular Netting - 3 Bead
So after looking at several patterns, I picked one for the three bead netting and gave it a whirl.  What do you know, it is the same thing I did yesterday for the Russian Spiral.  I tried it with five beads also and it gave the same effect just lacier.  I also tried making the netting and then added larger beads in the spaces created by the netting.  That was pretty cool, I was trying to see if I could replicate a netting bracelet I had seen a picture of.  It looked pretty good, except sometimes the larger beads seemed to recede into the netting tube more than others.  So I'm not sure exactly what I was doing wrong, or if I was even doing it right.  I was just guessing.

So you learn something new everyday.

Tubular Netting, conquered.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, what tutorial did you use to learn the three bead tubular netting stitch. I have been looking for one myself. My address is charlenemoultrie@gmail.com

    Thanks,

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for supporting my project! Please make sure to leave your email address, so I can get back to you! Namaste my friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...